Join Our Team
“If a girl is educated then a whole family will be educated and society will be supported.”
–Sneha, young woman of Shadhika
We are always looking for passionate and creative individuals to join our team and help further our mission. Click on a position below to see a full description, requirements, and submission information.
Shadhika is looking for a Bookkeeper on a part-time, contract basis (14-22 hours a month). The ideal candidate will be well organized and comfortable dealing with financial data. This individual should be excellent at recording data and have an ability to product clear financial reports.
• General QuickBooks Online system maintenance
• Manage and run semi-monthly payroll using QuickBooks Online, including personnel set up, termination, maintenance and PTO tracking
• Manage and e-file quarterly payroll filings using QuickBooks Online, online agency accounts (City of Denver eBiz Tax Account – OPT, Colorado Department of Revenue Online – Withholding, Colorado Department of Labor – MyUI) and paper filings when necessary
• Review and distribute W-2s at year-end
• Prepare, e-file and distribute 1099s at year-end
• Record general ledger transactions
• Maintain chart of accounts and distribute any updates to staff
• Reconcile bank, credit card and investment accounts monthly
• Maintain back-up bookkeeping document in Dropbox
• Track and record grant expenditures as needed
• Track and record credits/debits to restricted funds
• Track and record functional expense allocations using classes
• Prepare monthly financial statements for CEO
• Prepare quarterly financial statements for Board
• Prepare year-end financial reports for audit and Form 990 filing
• Assist CEO with audit preparation and be available for auditor requests during and after fieldwork
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
• 3+ years of experience in related field
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and QuickBooks
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Detail oriented
Interested candidates may send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Bookkeeper” in the subject. Position open until filled. Please no phone calls.
Shadhika seeks an enthusiastic and collaborative communicator who is based in India and will provide administrative and technical support to the Shadhika Marketing Team. The Marketing Associate is responsible for supporting strategies that increase Shadhika’s visibility to diverse global audiences. He/she will be responsible for helping to ensure Shadhika meets its marketing goals through on-going content development and social media management. The dynamic role will work with Shadhika’s Marketing Manager and Making HERstory Fellows. This is a full-time, contract position.
• Support Shadhika’s President & CEO, staff and board to attain Shadhika’s marketing and audience engagement goals.
• Assist in planning and creation of digital and social media strategies.
• Carry out all social media management functions including editing and posting creative content on Shadhika’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube platforms.
• Regularly monitor social media metrics and provide monthly progress reports.
• Support the maintenance of digital tools, resources and collections (photos, graphics, icons, infographics, and video clips) to use in various digital content.
• Support Marketing Team with overall content development.
• Create photography and videography that supports Shadhika’s digital strategies with opportunities at Shadhika events in India (Leadership for Change Summit) and during Denver Team site visits.
Making HERstory Fellows
• Assist Marketing Manager with conducting Shadhika’s Making HERstory Fellows internship, including:
- • Create and assign monthly post prompts.
- • Support Fellows with writing and editing.
- • Manage post submissions to ensure timely development release of content.
- • Maintain a positive, supportive relationship with all Fellows.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, International Relations/Development or related field, recommended.
• Commitment to Women’s Empowerment and International Development.
• Familiarity with social media dashboards/management tools (Hootsuite preferred).
• Excellent English writing and speaking skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Strong, proven work ethic.
• Motivated and self-directed.
• Creative with an eye for good design.
• Interested in emerging media trends and technologies.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Dropbox, Canva).
• Willingness to travel throughout India and occasionally work irregular hours, such as evenings and weekends.
• Ability to work independently in a remote setting.
Interested candidates may send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Associate” in the subject. Application deadline is October 21, 2019. Please no phone calls.